Joining the Major
Students interested in pursuing a degree in Neuroscience are encouraged to complete the prerequisite courses by end of their sophomore year, but are not required to have all of them completed to enroll in the major. We will enroll students in the major on an on-going, rolling basis, so please submit the materials below to the registrar at any time to be enrolled.
1. To join the NSCI major, you must have completed, or be on track to complete the semester you enroll (typically before the end of the sophomore year), the following courses:
Either: BIOL 101-104 and Statistics (PSYC 200, S&DS 103, 105, 230, 238 or higher equivalent).
Or: Two out of three prerequisites for the major; one foundation course; and one elective towards the major
2. Please study the requirements for the major and fill out the NSCI Major Worksheet with the courses you have already taken (add in the grade), the courses you are currently taking, and the courses you plan to take. Rename the worksheet as “Last name_First name.xlsx”.
Disclaimer: The Worksheet should be considered as an unofficial planning tool, not as a contractual agreement. The DUSes have final say on whether requirements are fulfilled or not.
3. Please prepare a PDF or JPG file of your Yale transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
4. Optionally, you can prepare a resume to further highlight your background and activities (PDF format).
5. When the above items are ready, please e-mail the information to email@example.com.
Please use the subject header “Joining NSCI – [Last name], [First name]”. The email should contain attachments of (1) the worksheet, (2) an informal transcript (named “Transcript [Last name] [First name]”), and an optional resume (named “Resume [Last name] [First name]”).